Welcome to the Ace Help Section
Terms and Conditions
We are Express Gifts Limited trading as "Ace". These terms and conditions and those in the latest catalogue explain how you can use our website and place orders for items. By applying to open an account with Ace you are bound by these terms for each and every order that you place, including the obligation to pay. If you open a credit account you will also be bound by the terms of the credit agreement.
Our registered office is: 2 Gregory Street, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4TH (Company number 718151). Please do not post anything to this address.
Our main trading address is: Ace, Express House, Clayton Business Park, Clayton le Moors, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 5JY
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit and general insurance (Financial Services Register No: 311908). We are a member of the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA). VAT No.: 125688644.
When you place an order on our website you will receive an email acknowledging your order and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. This email does not constitute acceptance of your order by us. Your order is accepted when we dispatch the goods you have ordered and not before. For goods ordered online only an "Order Dispatched" email will be sent to you when your goods have been dispatched. If your order is dispatched in more than one parcel, you may receive separate Order Dispatched emails for each parcel.
You can also place an order on our Orderline, 0872 7370 011. Calls cost 13p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.
Privacy - Data Protection
Where do we get information about you from?
(i) We collect information about you (name, date of birth, address, telephone number, payment details and e-mail address) to enable us to process your order and contact you in the event of any queries. We collect this information directly via your application for an account, your use of social media (including location services), the telephone and how you manage your account with us. We will also collect information via third parties including credit reference agencies, the electoral roll and fraud prevention agencies, details available upon request.
(ii) If you give us personal information about other people (such as dependants), which we will use to provide services, then you confirm that you know they agree or that you are otherwise allowed to give us this information.
What do we do with the information?
- We check with various third parties, including the electoral register to verify your identity.
- We make searches about you at credit reference agencies who will supply us with credit information about you to ensure that an account is suitable for you. The agencies will record details of any searches.
- We may use credit-scoring methods to assess your application. Previous searches and other information which is provided to us and/or the credit reference agencies, about you and those with whom you are linked financially may be used by us and other companies to make decisions about whether and how we trade with you or other members of your household now and in the future.
- Your information may also be used for debtor tracing, fraud prevention and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account.
- Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to people with whom you are linked financially. For the purposes of searching the files of credit reference agencies you may be treated as financially linked and you will be assessed with reference to any "associated" records. For more information about how the credit reference agencies use your information please contact our Careline 0371 200 0379.
- If we provide you with an account we will also supply details of your agreement with us to the credit reference agencies, as well as ongoing details of your account and how you manage it. If you do not pay on time, or pay less than required, we will tell the credit reference agencies who will record these details. All this information will be seen by other organisations which may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.
- We may make periodic searches of credit reference agencies to manage your account with us on an ongoing basis. These searches will not be available to other lenders for credit assessment purposes.
- We will share your information with suppliers, for direct despatch orders, and with couriers so that we can deliver your order to you.
- We may occasionally use some of the information we hold for the purposes of testing our internal systems. Such testing is only carried out where necessary, and your information will as always be treated with the utmost care and respect.
- Your information will be transferred outside the European Economic Area for example to our Customer Contact Centre in the Philippines. We will employ appropriate measures to protect your personal information where this is the case.
- Telephone calls may be recorded or monitored for training and monitoring purposes and regulatory record keeping purposes.
- We would like to keep you up to date with the products and services we have to offer. For new customers please indicate whether or not you would like to be kept up to date when you open your account. For existing customers you can change your preferences at any time by signing into Your Account.
- We would like to share your information with other organisations about products and services they have to offer. For new customers please indicate whether or not you would like to be kept up to date when you open your account. For existing customers you can change your preferences at any time by signing into Your Account.
- If you would like a copy of your information please write to The Data Protection Officer Express House, Clayton Business Park, Clayton-le-Moor, Accrington, Lancs BB5 5JY enclosing a cheque for £10 made payable to Express Gifts Limited.